37/Senior C++ Developer
RemoteAmsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsTeam EAGLE
Profile description: Senior C++ Developer
Developer profile: We are looking for a smart, passionate C++ developer with excellent attention to detail who will hit the ground running on joining our development team. You will be a member of a scrum team responsible for providing high quality software across multiple products, implementing new business requirements, and maintaining existing functionality on the core components for our retail banking product. You will also work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Master, and Customer Support teams.
Your Responsibilities would include:
- Designing and implementing new features to agreed timelines, both on your own and as a member of a feature-driven scrum team.
- Maintaining and support of new and existing features
- Following sound software design, process, and quality practices.
- Keeping abreast of new technical developments to enhance or revolutionize the product and customer experience.
- Occasionally provide out of hours support for the product.
- Any other related tasks as required by the line manager.
- Background in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years proven experience in C++ programming languages
- Knowledge of the latest C++ standards and specifications.
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong command of the English language
- Good knowledge of algorithms, STL containers, and data structures
- Strong Object-oriented Design & Programming skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Knowledge and/or experience in relational databases specifically programming in SQL for Oracle
- Experience in enterprise Java programming working with some or all of the following technologies – Spring, Tomcat, Jetty, Groovy, Maven, Ant
- Experience of Scrum Agile Software Development
- Experience in another non-scripting programming language on Windows and/or Linux environments
- Experience in writing multi-threaded applications
- Experience with modern Client/Server architectures
- Knowledge and/or experience with distributed architectures
- Experience with TCP/IP Socket Programming
- Familiarity with XML and XPath technologies
- Experience with software systems in the banking sector
- Experience of software testing and methodologies
- Knowledge of common design patterns would be a distinct advantage
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and can-do attitude, keen to be involved at all levels of a product.
- Articulate communicator, ability to present ideas clearly and precisely, both written and verbally, with concise attention to detail to peers, colleagues, and management alike
- Self-reliant, the ability to work without close supervision, prioritise own workload, work against deadlines and address problems in a collaborative environment
- Good problem-solving abilities with the ability to proactively identify code and design flaws, identify areas for improvement and contribute to solutions for the company in a collaborative environment
- Passion to learn and to work with new technologies
If this sounds like you and you've got Strong customer orientation and you have excellent communication skills, we'd love to meet you!
Required tests: C++
About the company: We are a Europe Based banking software company which provides mobile, internet and ATM financial service technology to several banks.